Yesterday we went to the Temple and today we had interviews with President Perez. I was assigned to give training and a decided to talk about the change of heart our investigators have to experience in order to become truly converted to the Gospel and our responsibility to help them along. I shared Fernando’s story and by the time I got done telling it I noticed Sister Perez crying in the back. My main focus was that we as missionaries have the power and authority to challenge anyone to come unto Christ and have a change of heart.
During my interview President Perez let me in on a little secret, he told me my transfer. Lets just say that I won’t be finishing my in Lima; I AM GOING BACK TO THE JUNGLE!!! I am going to a part of the Jungle called Pucallpa, I will finish as Zone Leader there and my new comp will be Elder Rodriguez from Lima. He was in my Zone in Tarapoto and I’m so excited to have him be my last companion in the Mission. It’s a rare thing for missionaries to finish their missions in the Jungle, in the history of the north mission only three Elders have had the blessing of finishing in the Jungle. This next week I will be taking off after our Zone Leaders Council Meeting.
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is going to be in Lima Saturday and all of the Missionaries in Lima from the four Lima Missions will be attending a conference with him. The Last time he was here I was in Iquitos but this time I will be able to go.
I can’t wait to hear about Brian’s idea that he has for the two of us. Well I hope you all aren’t “Trunky” quite yet. Elder Puente is my witness that I have my moments but I am still working. I love you all and can’t wait to hear from you next week. Thanks for Everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
_edited-1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment