Thursday night Elder Rodriguez and I flew from Lima to Pucallpa but we didn't think that we were going to be able to land because of a rain storm that was going on, so what our pilot did was fly above the storm for about an hour until it cleared up enough to land. The hot, heavy, and humid jungle air was present to welcome us as we came out of the airplane but it is so great being back in the Jungle. One thing that I have realized is that between the four places (Iquitos, Tarapoto, Yurimaguas, and Pucallpa) that I have been able to work in the Jungle, each one is a little bit different from the other. Here in Pucallpa one of the first things that makes it so neat is that the people are so humble but at the same time they are so faithful to the Lord.
We had a baptism this past weekend of Luis Tananta. He was actually a contact that the last Elders made (Elder Vigil and Elder Figueroa) who was over coming a strong alcholic addiction. When I met him, I wouldn't have ever guessed that his addiction was as severe as he told us it was. He is the only member of the Church from his family but has alot of hope that his wife and kids will also follow especially after seeing the great change that he has had in his life.
Here in our area we are assigned to work in the Ucayali Ward as well as the Campo Verde Branch. Sunday we went on division and I went to the Campo Verde Branch while Elder Rodriguez stayed here in the Ucayali Ward. Campo Verde is about forty-five minutes outside of the city of Pucallpa and it is a remote little village. It has a little casa capilla (house chapel) where about twenty-five members meet every Sunday. It made me think alot about the Trapiche Branch. The members are so humble and willing learn Gods will. As we arrived to the Chapel, the Branch President quickly assigned me a talk in Sacrament meeting as well as the Preisthood lesson. That little Branch has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to working there. Things are going great here in Pucallpa, the missionaries are excellent, and the sun is oh so hot.
We don't have a pensionita for dinner but what I am doing is buying alot of fruit and eating alot of fruit salads. I also buy alot of Pineapples and just naw on a pineapple for a few days, but it looks as if I am going to be slimming down a bit while I am here but its all good.
Well I hope you are enjoying the cool air back home because I am trying to take advantage of the hot jungle sun here in Pucallpa. I love you all so much, thanks for everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
_edited-1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment