The 30th of June is a bitter sweet day for Elder Sanchez and I. Last night we were up late sitting out back in our yard, looking up at the stars, and just talking. Eight years ago, Elder Sanchez’s dad past away, Elder Sanchez was only fourteen years old. Talking with him last night was such a special experience because we both came away from it with a much stronger testimony of God’s Plan for us and that Families truly can be together forever. I love Elder Sanchez and I love the trust and friendship that we already have within our companionship.Elder Sanchez and I are headed to YURIMAGUAS in the afternoon to spend a few days with the Elders up there. Last week the Natives came to an agreement and are now allowing people to leave as well as enter. Hearing that we decided that we would have to take advantage of the opportunity to visit our missionaries and see how they are doing. They haven’t been able to leave Yurimaguas for three months because of the civil unrest but things seem to be calming down. My Birthday Celebrations here in Tarapoto will have to be put on hold until Thursday Night.
Sorry for keeping you all on the edge of your seats yesterday, but things have calmed down and both Elder Sanchez and I are able to get a letter off to our families. Thanks so much for all the great Birthday wishes and it was definitely fun hearing from you two days in a row. Although Elder Sanchez hasn’t made me a toilet paper cake yet, I’m sure he’ll have something to surprise me with.
_edited-1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment