This past weekend we had a very special baptismal service, one of those long shot miracles you wish a pray for. Yesterday afternoon we baptized Nilson Savedra and never before have a seen so much thankfulness come from anyone. Nilson came to Tarapoto about two weeks ago with absolutely nothing and with nobody as well. He was taking the lessons from the missionaries back in Trujillo and when he told them that he was going to move to Tarapoto, they told him to find a Mormon church in order to keep on progressing. Wednesday during our District Meeting, he walked in and asked to talk with someone. I went out with him into the hall and I was able to get to know him and he gave me his history. Luckily the branch President was in the chapel and we were able to coordinate with him to find a place for Nilson to stay and a place to work. Talking with him he shared his desires to be baptized. Teaching him we quickly realized that he already had a very strong testimony of the church and was more than ready to be baptized. Yesterday when he bore his testimony he just broke down in tears and said that for the first time in his life he feels as if he has a place to call home and people to call family. He is quite the guy and we have already been able to become really good friends.
Well family I hope this letter finds you all happy and healthy. I am good, safe, and loving every minute of it. Keep on keeping on and remember that I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
_edited-1.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment