Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"I Will Always Be Their Missionary"

This weekend we are going to get the Mera Family married and BAPTIZED. Inyes and Gerlin is really a young couple with so much excitement and desires to do what’s right and put their lives in order. They have two little kids who make it quite an adventure trying to teach but its all part of the experience. This is the first family that I will get married outside of a massive marriage so it has been quite a little learning experience for me. Lots of papers, lots of time in lines, but by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. I love this little family and helping them along to really find the happiness and joy that lasts.
This last week we had interviews and I had a really neat conversation with President Perez. President Perez is a convert to the church and this last interview he was sharing with me about how the people i find and teach will always remember me and what I did for them. He said that “I will always be their missionary” and knowing that he was a convert I asked him who his missionary was. He said he didn´t want anything to do with the missionaries instead his girlfriend (Sister Perez) and the ward mission leader taught him. I laughed because its kind of ironic. But it was just another testimony to me that the is truly the Lords work. I pray everyday that the seeds I sow might someday sprout and take root so that my family here in Peru can also have the same blessings and joy that I have thanks to the Restored Gospel.
Well Family you all take care and remember how much I love you. Thanks for the great letters and words of encouragement. Oh how lucky and blessed I am.

No comments: