Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This Is What Heavenly Father Does for His Children

One of the families that we have being working with for so long finally entered the waters of baptism. The Cubas Rios Family was completed this past weekend. We baptized Flor two weeks ago with her mom, but Saturday we baptized Percy (her husband). This was the family we found when we decided to be late to an appointment in order to help a young kid with his wheel chair. Last night we were visiting with them for a little while and I began to share this experience with them. How we crossed the road to help out Percy Lino (their oldest son) who was having a struggle with his wheel chair and how we arrived at their house and met Flor. From there we made an appointment to return, by a miracle, found all of their documents to get married in only TWO days. And now I was able to see them all enter the waters of baptism and begin to take the steps to have an eternal Family. After I got done sharing this experience and bearing my testimony Percy said something special "This is would our Heavenly Father does for his children". I can’t begin to tell you how happy and proud I was of him. He alone has come such a long way; he too is like a brother to me. I am honestly dreading the day when I get transferred just because I am going to be leaving behind so many people that will forever have an impact on my life.

It is very likely that the 19th of November I could be shipped out to another part but as for now I am trying to not think about it. I’m so thankful that the Lord gave me 6 more weeks here in my area so that I would be able to see the Cubas Rios Family get baptized. The Lord trusted us alot with this family and I just pray that we didn’t let him down.

No comments: