Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Love Conference Weekend!


Conference was amazing as always! We were able to attend all five sessions and I was able to experience something different. For the first time I watched all of the sessions in Spanish but amazingly it didn´t make a bit of difference. I was still able to learn and grow so much; I love this whole gift of tongues thing, lol. There were so many great messages shared which gives us another chance to grow and better ourselves. The talk from Elder Eduardo Gavarret (the one who made so many references about Peru) really hit home for me. He was talking about the Lima North Mission and the success we have had in reactivating less actives and inactives. The story he sharred about Puente Piedra was really special. The Vargas Family that he talked about lived in my ward. We had spent so much time with them sharing spiritual thoughts and encouraging them to endure to the end, and to help build the ward. The Stake President was always asking us how they were coming along and he too made personal visits. I love watching the change in people when the truth of this work touches their hearts for a second time. Somtimes we need a little reminder as to what we should be doing and with the help of the spirit, the truth can touch our hearts again. What an amazing and special experience.
I am the only North American Elder in my district and we went to another Stake Center to watch conference. I was the only one singing the hymns durring conference. It was kinda funny because I was just singing my heart out for all to hear and everyone was doing their best to read my lips and try to follow along. But I didn´t feel out of place or anything, I am definitely amongst family and friends here in Iquitos. These people have a very special place in my heart and I can´t wait till you will have the chance to meet them.
I love conference weekend because it is a special time for our investigators, less actives, as well as our recent converts. Everyone one of our investigators as well as recent converts came and participated in conference. They all shared their own special experiences with us and we are able to see the change that the Gospel is having on their lives.

No comments: