Friday, October 24, 2008

Amazing Things in Iquitos!

Even though the church here in Iquitos has a lot of challenges and obstacles, it is definitely growing. By the end of the year, my little ward is going to be made into a STAKE. They finally have enough members attending along with Priesthood holders to be able to support another stake here in Iquitos. I remember when this place was DEAD, but looking at it today you wouldn’t ever know that it was the way it was. The leaders are also talking of the addiction of an Institute building as well. But the highlight of what is going on is the Making of a new mission. They are going to be making Iquitos its own mission and are going to expand the church to the pueblos that live along the river. When I heard that I about lost it. I am always telling President Perez that I want to go and teach the pueblos but here in the near future the missionaries are going to arrive there. This little part of Zion is growing and definitely getting stronger and I love being a part of it.

No comments: